LOKAL PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Thank you for using Lokal Platforms, we understand you are trusting us with your information and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
- SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Policy applies to all persons anywhere in the world who access or use Lokal Platforms, including but not limited to Lokal guests/customers and Network Hotels involved in the operation and management of Lokal Rooms.
- COLLECTION OF DATA
You are able to view, change or remove your data associated with your profile. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Lokal will follow up with such request as soon as possible.
Minors and children should not use Lokal Platforms. By using the Lokal Platforms, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement. Please note we do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through Lokal Platforms, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years of age.
- LINKED ACCOUNTS
If you wish to link/login through a third party social network account:
- You allow Lokal to publish the information you provide from the linking of your accounts on your Lokal account profile, including a link to your third party account;
- You allows your activities on the Lokal Platforms to be displayed to your friends on the third party site;
- the information you provide from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Lokal through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Lokal Platforms and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
- USE OF DATA
Lokal may use the data which it collects from you in the following manner:
- To complete and administer the bookings at Lokal Rooms, including sending communications relating to confirmations, modifications and reminders;
- To provide, maintain, and improve Lokal Platforms, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to you, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of Lokal Platforms; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications in connection with bookings, operations, management and complaints related to Lokal Rooms;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about services, promotions, news, and events of Lokal and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws;
- Notify you about changes to Lokal Platforms;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of Lokal Platforms;
- Keep Lokal Platforms safe and secure; and
- Personalize and improve the Lokal Platforms, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- STORAGE, TRANSFER AND SHARING OF DATA
Lokal may share the data collected through Lokal Platforms with Lokal’s Network Hotels to enable them to manage bookings and operations of the Lokal Rooms and provide the services requested. For example, check in and check out date and time, room and dietary requirements etc. Lokal may also share data with its subsidiaries, affiliated entities, vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service provides who need access to such data to carry out work on behalf of Lokal or to perform any contract Lokal enter into with them. In response to a request for information by a competent authority, Lokal may share data, if it believes that the disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process. Lokal may share data with enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lokal, the Network Hotels or others. Lokal may share data with third parties in connection with, or during negotiations, of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Lokal’s business by or into another company. Lokal may also share aggregated information (information about the users and combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- ANALYZING COMMUNICATIONS
Lokal may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Lokal Platforms for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. These activities are carried out based on Lokal’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms of Service, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
Your Lokal profile is password-protected so that only you and Lokal and its authorized persons have access to your account information. Lokal is continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical and physical security measures and makes every effort to ensure that your Personal Data is secure on its system against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Lokal uses firewalls and data encryption other similar techniques to protect any data collected by it. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Lokal cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Lokal expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the data you submit to Lokal.
- CONTROLLING DATA
You have the option to add, update or remove your own data through your Lokal account. You can ask us for a copy of the personal data Lokal holds pertaining to you. You are encouraged to inform us of any changes to your personal data, to keep data pertaining to you updated. In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of, the personal data we hold about you.
- CALL MONITORING
During calls with our customer service team, live listening may be done or calls shall be recorded for quality control and training purposes which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims and fraud detection purposes. Any such recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted thereafter, unless there is a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period, including for fraud investigation and legal purposes. Lokal uses automated telephone number detection system to link the number to reservations.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Lokal Platforms may contain links to third party websites or it may itself utilize services of certain third parties such as Google Maps, Easy Paisa, Jazz Cash, Booking.com, other online booking portals, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter or bank apps for payments. Lokal does not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you may be providing them with information directly or to them and Lokal both. These third parties have their own rules pertaining to collection, use and disclose of information. Use of these services is subject to their privacy policies and other terms and conditions and Lokal expressly disclaims any liability in event of any loss or misuse of information provided to these third parties.
- CONTACT US
If you know or have reason to believe that your Lokal account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated or otherwise compromised, or if you have any complaints, requests or questions in relation to this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also call us on +92 311 115 6525, chat with our representative, or contact us through our social media accounts.